World's Most Romantic Restaurants
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
- Go Irish in Boston ›
- Austin's Best Restaurants, Bars & Shops ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Alternative Wine Trails ›
IT'S NO MYTH
Where: Ambrosia, Santorini, Greece
Why Go: If Apollo and Daphne were still around today, we'd find them at this rooftop taverna, sipping crisp, minerally white wine and watching the sun turn Santorini's sunken caldera into a shimmering mass of color.
A Side of Atmosphere: This small cave house, which is carved into the side of the Oia cliffs, is uncompromisingly atmospheric. If you happen to dine during a full moon, the glassy gleam that washes over the sea is spectacular.
Appetite for Seduction: An appetizer of baby calamari sautéed with ouzo and crème fraîche pesto is an updated version of the classic squid salad. Seafood comes daily from the market in Fira, but if you're fished-out, the lamb shank braised with rosemary sauce is worthy of its own epic poem.
The Hot Seat: The two terraces have only 11 tables between them, but it's worth requesting the upper one for its uninterrupted views: Save for a few other diners, you'll have nothing but the twinkling stars for company.
Tel: 30 22860 71413