But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The World's Best Hiking Trails ›
- The World's Most Beautiful Botanical Gardens ›
- Top 10 Spas in the U.S. ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Dreamy Tower Suites ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- The Last Wild Place ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- Top 270 Spas in the World ›
- New Zealand's Otherworldly Landscapes ›
After a euphoric two-hour massage, you sip a hibiscus tea, slip out of your plush white robe, and float out of the spa. Stepping outside, you inhale deeply. Immediately, your lungs fill with polluted air. A nearby jackhammer smashes your piece of mind. And a bike messenger nearly runs over your foot. So much for serenity now or ever.
To truly recover a sound mind and body, you need equally sound surroundings. So we dug up nine remote spas that combine nature and nurture. Even better, their deep commitment to sound environmental practices ensures that the beautiful surroundings will stay that way for future generations of your children's stressed-out children. From the Atlas Mountains of Morocco to the seaside cliffs of California, a higher consciousness is available to even the most extravagant of spagoers. Now that's what we call a happy ending.
Published September 2008NEXT: Sweatin' to the Andes