But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
- 'Tis the Season ›
- Holiday Gift Guide ›
- Real-Life Holiday Movie Locations ›
- Winter Wonderlands ›
- 2011 Holiday Travel Gift Guide ›
- Creepy Road Trips ›
- The World's Best Places for Sin ›
- Abandoned Places: Ghosts of Vacations Past ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
The Resolution: I'm going to find my inner peace this year.
The answer: LAOS
You've hit the point where less really is more (you got rid of that hot-pink Versace jacket), and you haven't nodded off in the middle of meditation in months. But you can't help but feel that you might be missing the essence of the whole karmic endeavor. Laos will show you the way. You'll find a slow Buddhist society unconcerned with material trappings. Talk with streetside monks and meditate among the 6,800 images of Buddha at the Wat Sisaket monastery in the town of Vientiane. Peace is coming. If only it would hurry up.