But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
- 'Tis the Season ›
- Holiday Gift Guide ›
- Real-Life Holiday Movie Locations ›
- Winter Wonderlands ›
- 2011 Holiday Travel Gift Guide ›
- Creepy Road Trips ›
- The World's Best Places for Sin ›
- Abandoned Places: Ghosts of Vacations Past ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
The Resolution: Yes, I know you like fancy things, but I'm not blowing my bonus on $800 suites this year.
The answer: BUENOS AIRES
The year of fiscal restraint, you say? Guess you won't be spending any euros soon. Flights to Asia aren't exactly cheap, either. Even that resort in Mexico you like so well is pegged to the dollar. But Argentina has actually gotten cheaper in the last five years: It hovers around 3 pesos to the dollar, putting chic-but-fun hotels such as the Art Hotel well within your financial grasp. So order the Malbec and the best steak you can find. At these prices, we can all eat cake.