But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
- 'Tis the Season ›
- Holiday Gift Guide ›
- Real-Life Holiday Movie Locations ›
- 2011 Holiday Travel Gift Guide ›
- Creepy Road Trips ›
- The World's Best Places for Sin ›
- Abandoned Places: Ghosts of Vacations Past ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
- Holiday Gift Guide 2009 ›
The holidays typically mean chestnuts roasting on an open fire, marshmallows dancing in mugs of hot cocoa, and cheeks made rosy by the nipping cold. But perhaps it's time for some new traditions. Say, gathering around palm trees strung with lights, celebrating with caipirinhas on the beach, or singing carols alongside a steel-pan band. We've found seven unseasonably warm spots around the globe that are guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit. And don't worry, Santa will still visit he'll just be wearing board shorts.
Published December 2011. Pictured: Hotel del Coronado in San Diego.