But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 10 Ways to Stretch Your Dollar in Europe ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
Apanema, Mykonos, Greek Islands
The deal: €180 ($228) for a standard double from May to mid-June; €225 through the end of summer
The hood: Fronting the ocean, the resort is in the Tagoo section of the island, a ten-minute walk to the center of Mykonos Town.
What you'll get: A Bellini thrust into your hand on arrival—an indication of the happy tone of this adorable 17-room hideaway. Sure, it looks like the standard whitewashed cube with blue shutters, but young owner Kriton Harakopoulos has softened it up with homey touches such as sofas, planters, and rugs. Rates include a breakfast cornucopia of pancakes, eggs, yogurt, honey, and home-baked goodies—great for stuffing into your beach bag. Molton Brown toiletries and a floodlit freshwater pool complete the picture—and the incredible ocean views from most rooms don't hurt.
Near and not so dear: The locals' beach, San Stefanos, is only a ten-minute walk north. Expect calm turquoise waters and fine gold-flecked sand.
Tel: 30 22890 28590
Fax: 30 22890 79250