World's Sexiest Resorts
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
- Six Ultra-Secluded Hotels ›
MOST SEDUCTIVE LANDSCAPE
Where: Villa San Michele, Fiesole, Italy
Ideal for: Uptight Brits and their would-be suitors (well, it worked for Julian Sands and Helena Bonham Carter).
Sexiest detail: Swoony, Renaissance-packed views.
The lure: No wonder they called it A Room With a View. This 15th-century monastery turned ultraluxe hotel—a favorite of Brigitte Bardot, Madonna, and Julia Roberts—has jaw-dropping views of Italy's most heart-stopping skyline thanks to its unbeatable perch on a hill just outside Florence. To best appreciate the Renaissance beauty of the city spread out in the valley, book one of the suites in the Limonaia, so called because it's where the monks used to store their lemons in wintertime.
Sexiness factor: As breathtaking as a newly discovered nude by Raphael.
Villa San Michele
Tel: 800 237 1236
Doubles from $1,060