But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Subway Stations with Incredible Art ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- World's Best Cities for Architecture Lovers ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 11 Mobile Shopping Boutiques ›
Capsule Inn Akihabara, Tokyo
Capsule Inn Akihabara is one of only a few places to stay in "Electric Town," Tokyo's anime/otaku hub and the site of the largest electronics market in the world. The tiny capsule rooms look like washing machines from the outside.
Geek factor: The hotel's sleeping units are "designed in the image of a jet airplane's cockpit" with every device in the capsuleTV, radio, alarm clock, lightingdesigned to be controlled from a sleeping position.