Pet-Friendly Hotels with Pets on Staff
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
- Six Ultra-Secluded Hotels ›
The pet-owning populace has spoken: When it's vacation time, no four-legged family member will be left behind. According to a U.S. Travel Association survey, 18 percent of leisure travelers say they have taken their pets on a trip this past year. But in the same way that it's no fun for a child to be the only kid at a hotel, you don't want your pet to feel out of place. Fear not. There's a new breed of hotel staffers—the pets on the payroll. Although these animals-in-residence are fairly pampered and often enjoy celebritylike status, they have a job to do: amping up guest relations and rolling out a new kind of (stain-resistant) red carpet.
Published August 2010; pictured Matilda at the Algonquin Hotel.