Hotel Amenities You Never Knew You Needed
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
- Six Ultra-Secluded Hotels ›
When was the last time you got a tattoo in a hotel bar, or had dinner from one of America's hottest chefs delivered to your room? Never, you say? Well, then, you're just not staying at the right hotels. When you go on vacation, you expect a seductive room, memorable meals, and maybe even 24/7 butler service. But some properties are going even further in their attempt to wow guests by offering unique amenities that you never knew you needed (or wanted). Like most of life's little luxuries, these perks are easy to get used to and may even become addictive: Once you've tried paragliding to your beach villa, or have been welcomed by elephants when you arrive at your hotel, will a limo and a friendly bellman ever be enough again?
Published February 2011. Pictured: Six Senses Zighy Bay, Oman.