Budget Hotels, Expensive Cities: London
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 27 Gorgeous Hotel Lobbies ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
- Six Ultra-Secluded Hotels ›
The royal wedding at the end of the month, the Olympics and WorldPride next year—London just can't stay out of the international spotlight. But as the attention increases, the price of a London vacation does as well, especially when it comes to plunking down pounds for a hotel room. But smart travelers don't have to sacrifice comfort for centrality or bite the bland bullet with a boring chain that might as well be in Milwaukee (no offense to Cheeseheads): Here are seven budget hotels in London that deliver a price point above. From a West Kensington pit stop populated by rock stars to an East London social club and a historic pub, each offers style and substance for less than $250 (roughly £150) a night for a double. Because the only British slang you don't want to pick up is skint.
Published April 2011; Pictured: The 40 Winks lounge.