World's Best Farm Hotels
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Spas with a View ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
You can't throw a (sustainably harvested) stick these days without hitting a new farm-to-table restaurant. From rooftop gardens to locavore cocktails, what we consume and where it comes from is on everyone's mind. So it should come as no surprise that a fresh crop of hotels has popped up, making the trip from farm to table as short as, well, bed to breakfast. In regions as fertile and far-flung as the Cape Winelands of South Africa and the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, farmers have restored chicken coops, converted barns, and erected luxury tents to accommodate travelers looking to taste food at its source. During the day, you can get in on the rice-harvesting, beekeeping, and cheese-making action. Next, your efforts will travel from field to table via the capable hands of the on-site chefs. So pack up those Wellies and get ready to play the fields at these seven farm stays.
Published September 2011. Pictured: Feather Down Farms.