But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
Even More It Factors
Hey, prognosticating tomorrow's cool places is a difficult task, but take a peek at past years' lists and see how we did. We guarantee you'll find more than a few good ideas, and that the majority are still the places of today and tomorrow, and not yesterday.
Hot Spots 2008
Check out our top picks for 2008, from Montenegro to Mozambique.
It List 2007
We knew Beijing was gonna be hot (it still is!), but this is also the time to consider locales such as Bahia, Brazil, and the Dominican Republic, where your dollar can go even further. Take a step back to the future!
It List 2006
Our very first list is still looking pretty good. From the vineyards of Rioja, Spain, to the colonial charms of Cartagena, Colombia, these wondrous spots are enough to get us packing.
Winter Travel Deals
The good news is that destinations seriously, deeply, want you to visit and are offering all kinds of specials and incentives. Make the most of the financial mess.