But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
We are thrilled to announce the winners of our Million Miles contest, in which we asked you to share your favorite and most useful travel tips. We received thousands of entries containing so much smart travel advice that it was nearly impossible to narrow them down. The not-so-good news is that we could choose only one grand-prize winner and eight runners-up, whose travel wisdom is highlighted on the following pages. The great news is that everyone's reviews, tips, and lively discussions are easy to find: Just visit any travel guide that interests you (to find a destination, start with the World page), look for "User Posts + Reviews" on the left-hand side, and see what ingenious travelers your fellow Conciergers are.
But first, join us in congratulating our grand-prize winner, Elizabeth Dwoskin, who received one million OnePass miles from Continental Airlines. And kudos to our runners-up, who received a Heavenly Bed from Westin Hotels & Resorts and a $500 gift card from Vivre.com. Their prizewinning tips (edited for length and clarity) are on the pages that follow.
Published February 2009