Paris Cheat Sheet
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
Paris can easily overwhelm. There is simply So. Much. To. See. That's also what makes Paris so beguiling: Each time you visit is a chance to fall in love with the city all over again. Yes, of course, you should always make time to savor a chocolat chaud on a café terrace and lose yourself among winding cobblestone streets. But just as in any relationship, getting to know Paris takes work—or at least some planning. Whether it's your very first time (and you're a bit nervous about exposing yourself to the Louvre) or your next rendezvous will be one of many in a lifelong affair with the city, our Paris primer will keep the romance alive.
Published March 2011.