What Not to Do in Napa Valley
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
If you dream of sipping a crisp white surrounded by Napa Valley's rolling vineyards, you're not alone. There are wine lovers aplenty planning the very same trip as you, and probably at exactly the same time. Every summer and fall they arrive by the car and trainload causing gridlock on the winding roads and crowding into the fabled tasting rooms and restaurants. But with a little insider knowledge we can stop your wine country vacation from turning sour. From the right time to go to unearthing those special little vineyards and vintners that everyone is looking for but no one can find, here's the key to unlocking the California wine country's mystique.
Published June 2011.