Seven Wonders of the World without the Wait
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
You've saved for years, and you're finally traveling to see the Pyramids of Giza, the Taj Mahal, or one of the globe's other great glories. But instead of being able to absorb the magnitude of the moment, you may find yourself unceremoniously pushed through a crush of people, assaulted on all side by touts, or so wearied from waiting in line that a nap seems infinitely more wondrous than frescoes, temples, and ruins.
While conventional wisdom holds that the early bird gets the travel worm, sunrise wake-up calls don't ensure hassle- and crowd-free excursions. Lucky for you, we've convinced a team of travel experts to reveal their secrets for seeing the world's greatest tourist sites at their best. Read on for insider access to the front of the line.
Published August 2011. Pictured: The Vatican Museum.