World's Best Places to Gamble
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- 12 Stunning Asian Stupas ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- The Most Colorful Cities ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Must-See Christmas Trees Around the World ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
Game on: Perhaps because forbidden fruit is always the sweetest, Chinese punters make the most of their short visits to Macau (this tiny peninsula off the mainland is the only place in China where gambling is legal). Macau rakes in five times more gaming revenue than Vegas, in large part from the action at the Venetian Macao, the world's largest casino. Modeled on its Vegas sister, the faux-Italian complex (complete with canals and gondoliers) holds 800 table games, including baccarat (the local game of choice) and the fascinating Chinese dice game of Sic Bo. The roulette tables here have a single zero slot, making for better odds than the American tables with two zero slots on the wheel.
Inside bet: Seriously wealthy gamblers are invited to stay in one of the Venetian's 64 Paiza suites and play in its private gaming rooms. Although a villa with a private pool at the Banyan Tree Macau, will make anyone feel like a million bucks.