But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Top 10 Spas in the U.S. ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- Dreamy Tower Suites ›
- The Platinum Circle ›
- Hot List All-Stars 2012 ›
- Amazing Hot List 2012 Hotel Amenities ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
- 7 Perfect Days in 7 Popular European Ports ›
- Best Fashion Week Hotels ›
- Six Ultra-Secluded Hotels ›
- Readers' Favorite Hotels 2009 ›
Warning: If you've always wondered what happens up front on long-haul flights but are given to bouts of envy, stop reading right here. It's all you've imagined and, frankly, more. But if you can't believe that the price bump could be worth it, read on. Space is luxury when it comes to flying, so picture, say, a double bed that sleeps you and a companion in your own private suite. That's what you get on Singapore Airlines' double-decker Airbus A380. The golden age of air travel has returned—if only for a select few. (Well, actually it's a much improved version, going by this picture of the 1950s version.) Other airlines offer first-class amenities like onboard mini fridges, vintage Champagne, and services that whisk you through security and customs in a fraction of the usual time.
See? We told you to stop reading.