Natural Swimming Holes Around the World
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- The World's Most Beautiful Botanical Gardens ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- The Best Cruise Ship Cabins ›
- The Last Wild Place ›
- The Best U.S. Beach Resorts ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- New Zealand's Otherworldly Landscapes ›
- 12 Hotels with Overwater Bungalows ›
Having evolved from the sea (we know, we know—it's just a theory), man seems ever eager to return to it. Here, a celebration of the urge to submerge, from cerulean soaks to strenuous (and even subterranean) swims. Who says you can't go home again?
Originally published on our sister site CondeNastTraveler.com in June 2012.