But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- World's Sexiest Hotel Room Views ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
- Quick Romantic Getaways ›
- World's Sexiest Islands ›
- Best Hotels for an Affair ›
- World's Sexiest Beaches 2008 ›
- World's Most Romantic Restaurants ›
- Summer Lovin' ›
- Love Boats: The World's Sexiest Cruises ›
- In The Mood For Love ›
Where: Venice, Italy
The star-crossed lovers: Long before the world realized that taking beautiful starlets to European landmarks was just part of his photo op–driven MO, Tom Cruise brought an almost unknown 23-year-old Aussie named Nicole Kidman here for their honeymoon.
Lovers' nest: Many of the Cipriani's marble-trimmed rooms have balconies overlooking the canal or the hotel's gardens—it doesn't get more swoon-worthy than this. After all, those gardens are where Casanova is rumored to have seduced many a lady, prompting Cipriani to name its spa after the legendary lothario. A side-by-side couples' massage just might propel guests to seek out their own garden action.
The dirt: Nicole later said she feared her marriage was cursed because she wore a wedding dress she'd bought before even meeting Tom. Memo to Nicole: We don't think the dress was the problem.
Tel: 39 041 520 7744
Doubles from $1,040