But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- World's Sexiest Hotel Room Views ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
- Quick Romantic Getaways ›
- World's Sexiest Islands ›
- Best Hotels for an Affair ›
- World's Sexiest Beaches 2008 ›
- World's Most Romantic Restaurants ›
- Summer Lovin' ›
- Love Boats: The World's Sexiest Cruises ›
- In The Mood For Love ›
Old Course Hotel at St. Andrews
Where: Fife, Scotland
The star-crossed lovers: With arguably the world's best golf and the Kohler Waters Spa, this is an ideal retreat for those who want time on both the links and the treatment table. So it seems odd that golf nut Kevin Costner put such effort into the spa portion of his honeymoon with Christine Baumgartner. A 34-year-old massage therapist at the property recently accused Costner of exposing himself during a session and then giving himself his own happy ending.
Lovers' nest: Framed by the Scottish coastline and St. Andrews' world-famous championship Old Course, this 144-room retreat exudes old-world charm. The spa is thoroughly modern, though, with heavenly water-based treatments like the Rain Water Experience, a Swedish massage performed as the client is doused with a warm mist. Just don't get any ideas.
The dirt: Right after the honeymoon, Costner winkingly told a reporter, "Let's just say we didn't play golf all the time!" Yeah, Kevin, we know you didn't.
Old Course Hotel
Tel: 44 1334 474371
Doubles from $614