But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- World's Sexiest Hotel Room Views ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
- Quick Romantic Getaways ›
- World's Sexiest Islands ›
- Best Hotels for an Affair ›
- World's Sexiest Beaches 2008 ›
- World's Most Romantic Restaurants ›
- Summer Lovin' ›
- Love Boats: The World's Sexiest Cruises ›
- In The Mood For Love ›
Where: St. James, Barbados
The star-crossed lovers: Tiger Woods and Swedish bombshell Elin Nordegren. The golfer reportedly spent $1.5 million to say "I do" under a red rose–covered pagoda overlooking the 18th hole of a primo golf course at sunset in fall of 2004. The sum included a wedding band—Hootie and the Blowfish.
Lovers' nest: Sandy Lane is the perfect aphrodisiac for the nine-iron set, with three top courses next to the Caribbean, including the Tom Fazio–designed Country Club course, which is hosting one of the 2006 World Golf Championships. Post-swinging, couples retire to watch the sunset from the veranda of their massive room with flat-screen TVs and multispray showers.
The dirt: Tiger reportedly rented all 112 rooms and asked security to erect sheets of plywood to thwart journalists, ensure privacy for guests like Michael Jordan, and keep out wedding crashers. After all, frequent Sandy Lane guests include the likes of Simon Cowell, Donatella Versace, and Sporty Spice.
Tel: 246 444 2000
Doubles from $1,200