But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- World's Sexiest Hotel Room Views ›
- Romantic Travel Done Right ›
- Quick Romantic Getaways ›
- World's Sexiest Islands ›
- Best Hotels for an Affair ›
- World's Sexiest Beaches 2008 ›
- World's Most Romantic Restaurants ›
- Summer Lovin' ›
- Love Boats: The World's Sexiest Cruises ›
- In The Mood For Love ›
Where: St-Tropez, France
The star-crossed lovers: Brigitte Bardot made this spot famous by hanging out here with her various lovers while filming And God Created Woman in the 1950s, and Mick and Bianca Jagger made it a circus when they wed here in 1971 in front of a crowd that included Paul and Linda McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Eric Clapton.
Lovers' nest: The recently renovated hotel has 15 rooms and nine suites, and sits just off the Mediterranean. But this is St-Tropez, so what really matters is that it also houses Les Caves du Roy, one of the most Veuve Clicquot–soaked, exclusive nightclubs in town. The couple who likes to party will adore the club's policy of steering hotel guests past the intimidating velvet rope.
The dirt: In true St-Tropez fashion, the caviar-laden affair lasted until the next morning, with Mick getting up on stage to perform around 3 a.m. He had wanted the Stones to play, but Keith Richards was passed out on the floor. He was neither the first nor the last celebrity to find himself in that position at Byblos.
Tel: 33 494 566800
Doubles from $440