World's Most Romantic Restaurants
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The Best New Hotels with Great Food ›
- The Most Delicious Macarons in the World ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
- 5 Great Inns for Foodies ›
- Buenos Aires Eats ›
- Madrid's Best Restaurants and Bars ›
- Go Irish in Boston ›
- Austin's Best Restaurants, Bars & Shops ›
- 29 Restaurants on 11 Caribbean Islands ›
- Alternative Wine Trails ›
LOVE AMONG THE RUINS
Where: Sugar Mill Restaurant, Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Why Go: Carved from the evocatively weathered remnants of a 17th-century sugar mill, this small, standout restaurant is as alluring as any beachfront spot.
A Side of Atmosphere: Candlelight bounces off stone walls in the open-sided dining room, which is surrounded by a dense, jungly garden: You'll feel as though you've stumbled across your own secret hiding spot.
Appetite for Seduction: The owners, food writers Jeff and Jinx Morgan, serve some of the Caribbean's most elegant eats. Typically West Indian ingredients like shrimp, conch, and pork get punched up with Thai chiles, white truffles, wasabi, and morello cherries.
The Hot Seat: You'll have the best view of the dining room if you sit in front of the waterfall, which was fashioned from the mill's original copper cauldron.
Sugar Mill Restaurant
Sugar Mill Hotel
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Tel: 800 462 8834 (toll-free)
Tel: 284 495 4355