But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The World's Best Hiking Trails ›
- Slope to Table ›
- The Last Wild Place ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- New Zealand's Otherworldly Landscapes ›
- Adventures That Give Back ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
- How to Vacation Like Indiana Jones ›
- Extreme Sports for Spectators ›
- Comeback Destinations for Experienced Travelers ›
It's two o'clock—do you know where the skiers are?
Before you plan your next high-altitude adventure, experience a day in the life of eight different destinations. From ski hard, party harder Laax to peaceful Geilo, you'll discover a range of places and itineraries in our guide. We've gathered the best breakfast places, the smartest shops, the most challenging runs, and everything else you need to decide if a resort suits your lifestyle. After all, knowing whether a spot caters to foodies (Megève) or families (Smugglers' Notch) is sure to influence your vacation as much as terrain quality and average snowfall.