Budget Ski Trips 2009
But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- Slope to Table ›
- The Last Wild Place ›
- 11 Hard-to-Get-to Hotels ›
- Last-Minute Escapes: Beach Vacations ›
- New Zealand's Otherworldly Landscapes ›
- Adventures That Give Back ›
- World's Sexiest Fitness Retreats ›
- How to Vacation Like Indiana Jones ›
- Extreme Sports for Spectators ›
- Comeback Destinations for Experienced Travelers ›
- Ski Vacations for Beach Lovers ›
Your 401(k) has been cruising downhill faster than Lindsey Vonn at the World Cup, and charts of the Dow resemble the Rocky Mountains' silhouette. So a ski vacation isn't exactly in the cards this year, right? Think again: We've found ten resorts that cater to skiers, not shareholders, and where success is measured in snowfall, not stock options. Some are charming hometown hills that are always affordable (Loveland, Colo.); others are big-name destinations that are battling the perception that skiing is too expensive by offering deals and freebies that will blow off your boot buckles (Whistler, British Columbia). So read up, grab your gear, and prepare for a getaway that will make your worries dissolve like snowflakes in a hot tub.
Published February 2009. Pictured: Loveland, Colo.