But WaitThere's More
Find other great ideas in these related stories:
- The World's Best Hiking Trails ›
- Eerily Beautiful Abandoned Places ›
- Car-Free Destinations for Your Big Summer Trip ›
- The Best New Hotels of 2013 ›
- Go Bananas for Asia's Adorable Monkeys ›
- Top Islands in the World ›
- Unexpected Spring Break Vacation Ideas ›
- The World's Most Beautiful Botanical Gardens ›
- Gorgeous Vineyards Across the Globe ›
- Top 10 Spas in the U.S. ›
- Romantic Travel Spots Off the Beaten Path ›
Bring the heat: There's just something about the Greek Islands that encourages exuberant behavior. This outcropping of sand and craggy rocks in the Cyclades, 13 miles long and 10 wide, is giving Mykonos a run for its ouzo-fueled reputation, and attracts a heady mix of sun-loving Europeans and on-the-make locals.
Select sand: Kolymbithres Beach, pictured, is dominated by curiously shaped rocks rising out of the aquamarine Aegean. Perhaps they were shaped by centuries of gentle windsor maybe it's the friction from all the scantily clad bodies sunbathing on top of them.
Hookup potential: Extraordinary. Even the locals act like they're on vacation, and the very late nights in the town of Naousa usually segue directly to naps on the beach. The shedding of clothes can occur at any point on this continuum.
Privacy rating: Not applicable. Everybody's topless anyway.
Pillow talk: Since you'll be spending the day sleeping at Kolymbithres and the nights in Naousa, stay at Astir of Paros. This 57 room hotel is built in traditional style and sits in tropical gardens on Kolymbithres, a five-minute drive to town. And if you're in a hurry to arrive on Paros from the mainland, take advantage of its private helicopter pad.
Astir of Paros
Tel: 30 22840 51976
Doubles from $378