Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Advice on our first trip to Alaska

By texfamily

Posted on: September 16, 2010 at 2:51PM

Hello, We are planning our first trip to Alaska end of May/early June 2011. We will be travelling with our two young kids (4 and 9). Please advice/offer any suggestions. We like to drive around scenic highways. We like quieter picturesque towns compared to big cities We are looking at about 7 nights. May 29th - stay the night in Anchorage (our flight gets in at 1:30pm) May 30th - take the train to Denali (or drive ?) May 30th, 31st nights stay in Denali May 31st - take the short bus tour within Denali park (4.5hrs) June 1st leave for Homer (or Seward) - what is the best way ? June 1st stay night in Homer June 2nd take the Danny J cruise to Halibut cove June 3rd drive to Seward June 3rd, 4th stay in Seward June 4th take the Kenai fjord cruise June 5th drive to Anchorage (via Girdwood?) June 5th stay the night in Anchorage close to airport June 6th 7am flying out. Is the above too much to do with kids in tow ? Please feel free to offer suggestions to change the internary. Also, recommendations on nice cabins/B&Bs/hotels to stay would be much appreciated too. Thank you in advance .... report a problem

You are posting a reply to Advice on our first trip to Alaska

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions