Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Houseboating in Amsterdam 2008

By dustmon

Posted on: November 02, 2008 at 10:33AM

I have been to Amsterdam a few times before and always loved it, but this last trip the last week in August 2008, I rented a houseboat on the Singel Canal for 120 Euros a night including a refridgerator full of breakfast foods for the whole week. This was from Phildutch.net and Efrin was the friendly owner who looks after his guests very well. The boat is about halfway between the Leidseplein and The Pijp, right around the corner from a tram stop on a residential street. A park is half a block away and many restaurants are close by. The boat has a small back deck which is perfect for hanging out on a summer's day watching all the other boats cruise by, especially on the weekends. I think alot of the Oriental tourists in those big Canal Cruise boats thought I was Dutch hanging out in shorts and a Tshirt on my back deck! I had alot of photos taken of me! Amsterdam is a wonderful walking city, and I find it necessary to have a comfortable place to come back for leg rest occasionally, and this place fits the bill. report a problem

Posted on: August 27, 2009 at 4:31PM

Thanks for such a great tip. I love your idea of a houseboat!

You are posting a reply to Houseboating in Amsterdam 2008

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions