Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Bad Experience at Armandos Kite Surfing Lessons

By Andyzak

Posted on: December 31, 2009 at 7:20AM

My son and I just had a really negative experience at Armandos due to a horrible instructor(Columbia). Our first day of lessons went very well and we were both eager to get back the next day . I should have known it was going to be bad when he showed up 30 minutes late for our 9am lessons. However at that time we really wanted our lessons. A woman who acted as a manger did her best to get us keep us busy by readying the lines and kite. When Columbia finally showed up he ended up having us use a different rig. Once the lesson began I was having control issues with the larger kite and he was getting angry with me. He even started insulting me and my son. Communication is his biggest problem and I believe he on knows limited word (open, neutral, tension, anticipate,10,12,2). When I mounted the board I let him know I really couldn't understand what he was saying. Nevertheless on my first attempt I dumped rhe kite and cracked my shin on the board. I was then yelled at by Columbia that I was getting worse. At this point I figured it be best just to have him teach my son since there was a disconnect between us. He worked with my son for around 30 minutes and was also getting frustrated with him. To make matters worse he would go off and take the kite surfing for a few minutes by himself and then ask other instructors how much more time was left. I really felt we got ripped off two hundred dollars. Please note Armando and some of the other staff really appeared nice. We just had bad luck and were given Columbia as an instructor. Stay Away! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Bad Experience at Armandos Kite Surfing Lessons

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions