Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By ryamidon

Posted on: September 02, 2009 at 7:25PM

It costs only 80 cents to take the tram (at Syntagma across Amalias from the southernmost Metro entrance, or on the south end of the Temple of Olympian Zeus) to some great beaches on the Saronic Gulf. The ride is only about 45 minutes and many of the beaches are free and even the free ones are quite nice. Some of the hipper ones will run you about 10 euro, and these are usually near the nightclubs. If you're not sure which stop to take, look out for folks in the swim trunks, and get off when they do. No harm in exploring the stop, you can always get back on the next tram, until your 90 minute ticket runs out. The tram runs until at least midnight and 24 hours on weekends (check the timetable). It's a quiet, comfortable ride and vastly cheaper than a taxi. Not a bad place for a quick nap after swimming either. Take the line towards Glyfada, not SEF. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Tram to the beach

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions