Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: September 19, 2012 at 10:59PM

Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest and longest coral reefs which located in the southern hemisphere. I t is 2011kilometers long; the widest place is 161 kilometers. There are 2900 small corals, the natural landscape is very special. The southern end of the Great Barrier Reef farthest away from the coast about 241 kilometers, north recently only 16 kilometers from the coast. At low tide, a part of the surface reef form beautiful Coral Island, in reefs and coast is a very convenient transportation by sea. Be in smooth water, people through there by boat, the colorful and pleomorphic coral scenery attract tourists to watch the wonders of the sea. You can check the hotel details in: http://list-of -hotels.com, and find more atrractions of there from http://attractions.bz. The unbelievable thing is that the architect of this large project is the coral, which body is the diameter of a few millimeters. Corals live together and feed on plankton; they can secrete a calcareous skeleton. The older generation of coral left their body after they die, the new generation continued breed, this just like trees. So year after year, days and months multiply. Then, algae, shellfish and marine biological debris cemented together which stacked into a coral reef. Every year from May to October is the best time to go to Great Barrier Reef, the climate is relatively stable, there are a lot of lights into the water, the color of a variety of coral and fish is very beautiful. The temperature of Great Barrier Reef Sea is always maintained at 23 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius, so visitors can go sightseeing and would not feel cold at any time. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Great Barrier Reef

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions