Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Great Value Restaurant in Avignon

By Guest

Posted on: December 03, 2009 at 1:57PM

I found an excellent restuarant in the centre of the old city of Avignon, called Newground In short it's Provence's Cuisine with a very creative touch As a sampler: the mouthwatering Foie Gras au Kadaif or Beef Filet with its Raspberry Creamy Sauce or else Seared Scallops on their bed of Ravioles ; excellent desserts too like the Crumble of Figs and Apples The wine list is full of excellent local wines and last but not least the prices are very reasonable (the gastronomic menu is at 30 Euros but you can have a Plateau du Jours at 11 Euros Highly recommended report a problem

Posted on: December 05, 2009 at 6:14AM

I know this restaurant I went there this summer during the fabulous "Festival d'Avignon", a theater festival in July. The Newground was packed almost 24/24 ; I enjoyed the same "Plateau du jour", a daily menu served on a "plateau" with a starter, a main course and a dessert plus some side dish, all for 11 Euros ! I went back for dinner with my girl friend and ventures into the carte ; I had some fabulous seared salmon with a wasabi sauce and some risotto flavored with shiitake ; she had a "bourguignon de taureau" (with bull's meat, a local specialty) together with an amazing polenta ; the dessert was a "soupe de fruits" (fruit's soup"), very refreshing ; we picke-up our wine among excellent Cotes-du Rhone (a white and a red); that was a memorable dinner in a very romantic atmosphere All this for an affordable price, given the quality of the food.

You are posting a reply to Great Value Restaurant in Avignon

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions