Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
next ›

By Guest

Posted on: June 23, 2014 at 8:39AM

My partner and I visited San Juan last weekend, inspired after reading CN Traveler's April 2014 article about the new/changing San Juan. We stayed at Villa Herencia, Old San Juan.. beautiful spot in a traditional building. We found a small beach across the street from the capital building...only a few families were there so not the crowds of Condado and about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We live in NYC and are spoiled by the choice of delicious restaurants but were very happy with what we found in San Juan. Top experiences for dinner: Marmalade OSJ, Jose Enrique Santurce, Soda Miramar. Lunch: St. Germain OSJ. Only real culinary disappointment was Patio del Nispero at El Convento for lunch...was completely average but the bar upstairs at the hotel is nice for after dinner drinks. In Condado, 1919 at the Vanderbilt is amazing for dinner, delicious food and beautiful view. This hotel part will reopen Fall 2014 after a complete reno and from what we saw in the lobby, it will be beautiful so we will definitely be back to check it out. In addition to the stores mentioned in the article that are opening in Puerta de Tierras (Aaron Stewart Home, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams), Roche Bobois is now opening. Check out the art gallery upstairs from Aaron Stewart. Great kitesurfing is also a plus! The bay was perfect for paddle boarding. Overall San Juan is a short flight from NY and we didn't have to deal with immigration. The people are super friendly, we felt safe even in the less touristy area of Santurce. I hope to continue to see this place develop into a more luxurious island and art destination. report a problem

You are posting a reply to The new San Juan

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions