Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

ARMA Museum and Resort

By Guest

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 5:16PM

On our trip to Bali this summer, while we were in Ubud we happened across the Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA) and resort. This wonderful place is right in town yet feels a world away. It is bordered by rice fields and comprised of several restaurants, an art museum, a performance area, and a beautiful resort including luxury villas. (http://www.armaresort.com) It is also the site of children's music, dance and art lessons as well as nearly nightly performances. The money raised from the resort is used to help fund the museum and its classes. We were drawn by the sound of the children's gamelan orchestra practicing when a gentleman offered to show us around. He gave us a wonderful tour of the rooms, villas, the grounds and left us on our own to tour the art museum. We mistakenly understood him to be a gardener. We had a delicious lunch in their restaurant. Only after we got back to our hotel and looked at the ARMA website did we realize that the gracious gentleman who had taken us around was the owner himself! The rooms and villas were beautiful. The villas were large with private pools. Everything was so peaceful. I am only sorry that we didn't know to stay there. I would definitely recommend it for a honeymoon or for a place to get away and experience how Bali must have been before tourism. The villas are expensive, but the money goes to a good cause. report a problem

You are posting a reply to ARMA Museum and Resort

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions