Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Honeymoon in Bali, worried about beaches. Advice?!

By Guest

Posted on: May 24, 2010 at 8:57PM

My Fiance and I have been researching a destination for our honeymoon in Spet 2010 for a while, and have considered many places all over the world. What we really want is a place with top luxury resorts, great food, a beautiful tropical beach and warm clear water, but that also offers activities and cultural interest and adventure (which eliminates fiji, bora bora). We want to go somewhere we have not been (so no Hawaii, Caribbean or the Mediterranean). We are seriously considering Bali because it seems to offer beaches and luxury resorts, as well as culture and adventure (temples, jungle, white water rafting etc). I have been warned, however, that the beaches are not that great . Is this true? Any advice on luxury honeymoon in bali? We are considering staying at the st regis in Nusa Dua and then somewhere in ubud Bali. Or any other destination suggestions? (We really were interested in Thailand, but september is a rainy month and I'm not willing to deal with rainy weather!). thanks!! report a problem

Posted on: November 06, 2011 at 1:11AM

hello there, it is true, the beaches of Bali are not the Maldives or teh Seychelles (as for the swimming part) BUT nonetheless they are spectacular... the sunsets of Seminyak are amoing the finest in the world, not to mention that you can walk many km without running into masses of tourists ... you chose Sr Regis, which is a beautiful hotel and on one of the very few beaches where to swim, the spa there is breathtakingly beautiful, however if you are looking for a 'real' Bali holiday I advise you strongly to look for a villa, our villa (www.villadermawan.com) has been especialy designed for honeymooners, contact me back for a huge discount VD

Posted on: July 01, 2011 at 2:18PM

Hi Lizziest!!! My fiance and I are also considering Bali for our Honeymoon... as you, I wanted to go to Thailand but Im a little bit afraid of the bad weather.... Did you go to Bali? How was the experience so far??? Hope you had an amazing time and a memorable trip!!!!

You are posting a reply to Honeymoon in Bali, worried about beaches. Advice?!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions