Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By youngs

Posted on: April 12, 2009 at 8:29AM

It is estimated that there is one tailor in Bangkok for every two hundred people and indeed, once you have had your fill of gazing at the old harbour and the vibrant mix of south east Asian and European Architecture, it will become apparent that every other shop is packed to the windows with variations of wool-synthetic mix suit fabrics and many-coloured lining silks. Many of the shops will provide excellent designer copies, and all you have to do to get your perfect suit in 36 hours (at most) is bring a magazine clipping of what you’d like, turn up to a maximum of three fittings and pay at the end. The most expensive outfit you can expect will probably come from the city best-renowned tailor, Savile Row Tailor, at Rose hotel. They charge anything up to around £110, but a little exploration often brings a lot of success, and £25 can buy you a more than respectable result. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Great Tailors

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions