Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

What a way to live....

By Guest

Posted on: November 17, 2008 at 10:52PM

Once you've been in St.Thomas for a few days you understand why so many Americans from the Mainland move there. I suggest a vacation rental private house in Mahogony Run ( a great community with the only golf course on the island and a clubhouse that serves delicious burgers and drinks)and jeep for your trip. You can find villa rentals at www.mclaughlinanderson.com- we stayed in Carefree villa and loved it. It had a private pool, a wonderful unobstructed view of the ocean and an uninhabited island, and had everything amenity we needed. We were able to shop at the grocery store and cook a few of our own meals to save money on food. That way you can afford the $15 Volcano Roll at Buddha Sushi , near Red Hook on the South East Side of the island, because whatever you do you cannot leave St.Thomas without eating the best sushi on the island. You should definitely get a road map while you're there although it is easy to get around, the roads are very windy and narrow and there are a lot of one way streets that aren't posted. We actually spent a lot of time hanging out in our private pool overlooking the ocean sipping fruity cocktails and getting a tan at our private villa. If you want to get out during the day, make a trip to Magen's Bay beach (the most beautiful in my opinion) , ride the tram to the top of Paradise Point and have their specialty Bailey's Bushwacker. You can also take a day snorkel adventure on a beautiful sailboat, http://newhorizonsvi.com/, you get a sailing adventure where they take you out to two different stops (one of them is Honeymoon Beach in St.John- absolutely breathtaking) and give you food and drinks all day. Get out at night and mingle with tourists and locals together at Duffy's Love SHack in Red Hook and The Hideaway Bar in Hideaway Beach. It's a wonderful trip that will leave you relaxed , tan and wanting to move to St.Thomas. report a problem

Posted on: November 18, 2008 at 11:17AM

I have visited St Thomas for many years. Villa's What a Life is the only way to vacation. I have used Mclaughlin Anderson Villas for over 15 years. They are the best. Its home away from home with one rule. Turn off the blackberry !!! The island speaks for itself. You can lay on a different beach everyday..or island hop by ferry. Its a must. Visit Virgin Gorga, Tortola , and St Johns. Each location has its own favor. I find something different everytime I visit. Did I mention shopping? Oh Yeah...Ladies,.. Diamonds, Sapphires, and Pearls oh my !!! Love the island but remember live green .

You are posting a reply to What a way to live....

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions