Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Fantastic Affordable Hotel in the Heart of Beijing! plus more tips

By Guest

Posted on: November 24, 2008 at 2:21AM

I just came back from my first trip to China, and while visiting Beijing, we found an American hotel onlin, I know you've heard of it...Days Inn! "Joiest Days Inn" or "Zhong Xin Dai Shi" It was about a mile or so to Tiananmen Square and just a hop skip and a jump further to "Gugong" or the Imperial Palace! Taxi fare from the hotel to that area didn't cost more than the base fare price, 10 RMB or about $1.50. It is also about a 5-10 minute walk to the subway station, which will take you lots of cool places, including the Olympic Garden! We did find a discount price by booking online, BUT if you get the VIP card at the hotel they will offer, you will automatically receive a great rate, around (40-50 USD) per night, plus Free breakfast at the restaurant. And it's a life long membership, and you can use it in any Days Inn hotel in China! The membership costs about 18 USD, but if traveling in China frequently, it's seems fantastic! I am happy because my fiance's family is Chinese, and I hope to return to China again someday to see them! China is AMAZING! But cary your own little pack of toilet paper!! You can buy those at most street vendors. My Fiance's mom, who is awesome, carried the little packs of TP that look like to go packs of kleenex tissue. They sell them everywhere. Hope this was helpful! Have as much fun in China as I did!! report a problem

Posted on: November 30, 2008 at 4:46PM

sorry! I accidentally posted this topic three times!

You are posting a reply to Fantastic Affordable Hotel in the Heart of Beijing! plus more tips

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions