Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Cheapest/Fastest way to the Great Wall!

By Guest

Posted on: November 24, 2008 at 2:36AM

I just came back from my first trip to China, and I went with my fiance, who is Chinese luckily... We tore our hair out trying to figure the cheapest and fasted way combined to get to the great wall or "Ba Da Ling" from our hotel (which was in the heart of Beijing, close to Tiananmen Square). We looked at all the advice online, and they all said to take the bus. True it was only 90 RMB which is cheap, but you would have to spend your WHOLE DAY doing just that. From morning to evening. Unfortunately. But we were only spending a couple days in Beijing, so we wanted to get there early and make it back to the Imperial Palace before they close at 3:30 p.m. (I don't recomend doing both in one day like we did unless you have been drinking up on your green tea and ginseng haha!) Ok so to the point, TAKE THE TRAIN!! it only takes about 45 minutes, and it was approximately 18 USD per person. We barely caught the 8 o'clock train, due to morning traffic, so leave and hour early! (Pay inside the train, don't wait in line. And you can buy snackies and coffee in there too, so don't bother with breakfast at the hotel if you aren't a morning person like me!) We had enough time to run up and down the Great Wall (which is amazing, of course) and make it back to Beijing to dart around the imperial palace. We did take a bus back, because it was leaving before any train was. But taking the bus takes a bit longer. Have fun! The Great Wall is so incredible, and a great thigh burning workout! But there was a 90 year old man walking along up there with us, so anybody can go!! Plus it doesn't have to take all day!!! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Cheapest/Fastest way to the Great Wall!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions