Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: August 11, 2009 at 5:41PM

This is a lovely place to stay but do all the things you want to do on the mainland before going over. We wanted to go to the mainland to go tubing and see the Zoo. To get there you had to take a boat, a taxi, an airplane(could take a boat but cost not that much different) a taxi and then a tour. Hire a car upon arrival and do the mainland then go to Ambergris Caye. report a problem

Posted on: August 20, 2009 at 7:26PM

I have been to Ambergris Caye twice and LOVED IT!! I did not find it difficult to travel to the mainland and back. You just take the fast ferry which takes about and hour and then off you go to where ever you adventures may take you.!! Belize is an awesome place for those who like the beach but also want to see somehting else. You can scuba dive, if you are experienced the Blue Hole is a must but it is an all day trip out and back. The fishing is good as well, lots of cherry grouper and red fish. If you want jungles, go cave tubing and travel down the river in the middle of the rainforest listening to howler monkeys as you go. Or if history is your thing you have several Mayan ruins to choose from. Tikal was awesome but in Guatemala so need to cross the border. So go with someone experienced. Remember the opening to the original Star Wars?? Well from the top of the Fifth Tower in Tikal will look awful familiar. Belize has not yet been commericialized yet so no McDonalds and they were just starting to pave the roads last time I was there. We rented a golf cart and went from one end of the island to the other. To go from sounth end to north end you have to cross a river that used to have a bridge but a hurricane came through and destoyed the bridge. So there is a large piece of floating material that you stand on you put your golf cart on and then a person pulls you over. Very inetersting and unique. But who knows they may have fixed it by now. I highly recommend visiting! The people are very friendly and it is just all around a fabulous vacation!!

You are posting a reply to Ambergris Caye

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions