Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Places to eat and hang out in Ambergris Caye

By tourista

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 7:46PM

I stayed in Ambergris for 1 month in Feb 2009 and was able to get familiar with this quaint little island. Here are a few spots that I regularly visited to eat drink and be merry :) 1. Niri's Tacos- off the beaten path, close to Tropic air, many locals flock to this place. Open only lunch and dinner, chicken tacos are served only during lunch while fryjacks, empanadas, salbutes, tostadas are served for din-din. simple menu great price. you can eat for less than $5 us 2. Waraguma- PM only. BEST Papusas! $1.25 us each. served with a side of what seems to be pickled veges- shredded cabbage & carrots. 3. Pedro's Inn- this hostel houses a bar/pizza joint. Great pizza and COLDEST beer in town. Staff is awesome and owner Pedro (Peter) along with Charlie (sidekick dog) are usually found in the bar hangin' with fellow patrons. @ $13.00 us for a medium pie & $2.50 for ice cold Belikin (local beer). if you ask nicely they may let you play Wii on there big screen. Warning- if your ring the bell, a round of jager shots for everyone is on you. 4. BC's bar- What you would imagine a beach bar to be. right smack on the beach, a huge palapa like bar sits. old t-shirts hang from the ceiling from patrons that have visited in the past. locals and tourists alike congregate at this joint. the view is fabulous - the beach! what more can you ask for!? People are friendly and on either sat or sun they ave BBQ/ Live music as well. 5. Fido's- Thursdays this place is poppin' young and old come here to drink and get their groove on. Beachfront and live bands. Huge space plenty of elbow room to tilt the Belikin and swing the hips. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Places to eat and hang out in Ambergris Caye

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions