Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Gaia Riverlodge-Best Vacation Ever!

By AnnahH

Posted on: May 05, 2014 at 6:37PM

My fiancÚ and I were looking for a vacation where we could unplug and just relax away from people. It is ironic because above everything else from our trip to Belize, the wonderful people we met that work at Gaia Riverlodge by far, made our trip exceptionally memorable. I have stayed many places with great hospitality before but the staff at Gaia are more genuine than I have ever experienced. They were beyond helpful, attentive, thoughtful and even entertaining. The entire property was beautiful, the cabana we stayed in was absolutely gorgeous and the lodge was open, airy and very comfortable. The decks have great views of the waterfall and sunset and are peaceful and a great place to relax. The chef, Troy, is very talented and all of the food was delicious and healthy and the portion sizes were perfect. I did not have a single meal that I did not love. (and we were there for 10 days!) I cannot about forget the delicious cocktails, we tried them all as well! We did several of the tours and had a blast. The staff was so great at helping us schedule the tours and giving us tons of info on what to expect so we could plan accordingly. Once we returned, they listened to us go on about how amazing our adventures had been, telling them all of the details.The drivers at Gaia all have great personality and tons of knowledge and enthusiasm, which is a big bonus when you are spending a lot of time riding to and from adventures for an hour at a time with them. They try their best to make the long bumpy road in and out of the lodge a good one and it is totally worth the ride in for the beauty and seclusion. One thing that we really loved about the lodge was that even on the busiest days, it was always quiet and peaceful there. You can sit down by the waterfall in a hammock or bathe in the sun and then take a dip in the water below the falls. (which was the perfect temperature!) The beds were super comfy, the cleaning staff were so detailed and always left us fresh flowers and creative towel arrangements (never saw the same one twice and some were pretty fun) You can really hear the waterfalls in your cabana which was very soothing, especially at night. The grounds were really well maintained and everything was always very clean. Overall, there is not one negative thing I can think of about our trip to Belize because of our stay at Gaia. We had a great time! I really had an unforgettable experience at the Gaia Riverlodge and wish I could give them more than 5 stars. We will absolutely be staying there again someday. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Gaia Riverlodge-Best Vacation Ever!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions