Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

BERLIN GUIDE: Part Storyteller, Actor & Historian

By christineansbacher

Posted on: March 20, 2009 at 11:55PM

If you are a luxury traveler to Berlin, or a business executive with a free day, my travel tip for the well-heeled will turn your Berlin experience into a more memorable outing. My husband and I hired a truly unique private guide for five consecutive half-days. Jeremy turned out to be part storyteller/part actor/part historian. He doesn't just rattle off facts and dates and speak in a normal tone of voice -- he is able to spin yarns and weave tales because he uses such public speaking techniques as varying his pitch and speed as well as injecting humor into his commentary. So it's not just the well-researched content of his talks that is fascinating -- his honed delivery draws you into the storyline of that day's tour theme. I'm telling you this man REALLY knows how to hold an audience. Another plus - Jeremy is a US expat, so he's easy to understand; and he’s lived in Berlin for almost a decade so he knows the city inside out. He also brings Berlin to life with scores of pre-war & post-war photos. His various half-day tours of Berlin and other nearby areas, such as Potsdam, can easily fill up a week's vacation! I can truly say he is the best private guide I've ever hired in the world, and therefore I'm delighted to share his info with you-- Jeremy Minsberg at www.theberlinexpert.com , 50 Euros an hour. So if you are planning to stay at a top hotel, dine in fine restaurants and shop at the boutiques on the Ku’dam, then consider Jeremy another must-have component of your holiday. report a problem

You are posting a reply to BERLIN GUIDE: Part Storyteller, Actor & Historian

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions