Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Safety and Communication

By cdwilliams77

Posted on: November 18, 2008 at 12:18AM

Our Hawaiian cruise was wonderful. We flew to Honolulu and boarded our cruise ship the next day after staying overnight. We sailed to Nawiliwili, Kauai; LaHaina, Maui for two days; then to Kailua Kona and Hilo, Big Island Hawaii. A fence should be built around the crater in the volcano park. While we were sightseeing at Kilauea, we were not given adequate warning about the crater, yet everyone went to the edge and came back coughing. The fumes from the sulphur in the crater were strong enough to cause health problems. If I had not had my bronchodilater, I would have had to be taken to the emergency room. The lava tubes are very long and not for anyone who has mobility problems. I was exhausted after climbing through one of the lava tubes. In spite of these things, I had a most memorable and wonderful trip. I was so overcome I even proposed to a Hawaiian man who turned out to be married (I am over fifty and female). I have never done that before--propose to a man that I just met. Hawaii is absolutely beautiful, much more beautiful than you have seen in any picture of Hawaii. Don't forget to take your global cell phone with GPS. Saves a lot on phone calls and helps for calls for help, of course. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Safety and Communication

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions