Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

User Review South Kona Coffee Farm Bungalow Rental

By otlich

Posted on: August 29, 2009 at 11:21PM

This rental property is a bungalow at South Kona Coffee, a working coffee and fruit farm. Located on the southwest side of the Big Island, the farm, clinging to a hill next to a lava flow, is equally distant (12 miles) from Captain Cook and Ocean View. So if you need supplies from the store, pick them up on the way - unless you mentioned them to Brad, your host, in which case they will be waiting for you. Between Mile Markers 93 and 94 on Route 11, the Mamalahoa Highway, you will find South Kona Coffee. You turn into a driveway draped with flowers of all colors, and baby pineapple plants line the drive. You are greeted by a chalkboard at your parking space, welcoming you to paradise - this sentiment couldn't be more accurate. Down the stone steps and around the corner, your bungalow awaits you. It is spacious for two and very wide open, with large screened windows and bamboo shades. A coffee maker (which you will eagerly put to use), teapot, and toaster are on the counter, along with a wooden bowl overflowing with fresh fruit from the property. The scent of the jasmine patch floats in through the open windows, and the mixture of coffee, fruit, and flowers is quite intoxicating. The oversized bed is one that can easily be melted into - the tempur-style mattress and douvee make it way too easy to lie in bed late. And yet the satellite TV collected dust for most of our visit. Around the deck is the washroom & shower - again, very open and airy. Linda Cuthbertson, Brad's wife, makes sure both bungalow and bath are clean and stocked with linens for your arrival. The grounds of the Coffee Farm (sorry!) are like a tropical dream. Philip, the farm manager, took us for a tour. There are several houses on the property, but I was interested in the agricultural aspect. Amidst the many stages of coffee plantings were mango, papaya, grapefruit, orange, and banana trees. Avocados and lemons were also to be found. If you have any interest at all in where that every-morning cuppa comes from, there is no better place to find out. South Kona Coffee's Bungalow is not for the Kona condo party crowd. It is a tropical retreat where one can find peace and quiet and beauty and color and fragrance. Fresh fruit, fresh coffee, and nice people make this place one to be sought out. And if you're a dog lover, Jade and Leo, the Cuthbertson's two German Shepherds, are there to relieve the urge for us canine junkies to rub a dog! I give this accomodation the highest possible recommendation, and will certainly return. report a problem

You are posting a reply to User Review South Kona Coffee Farm Bungalow Rental

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions