Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

North shore day trip from Boston

By drodman

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 7:31PM

If you are in Boston and want a day trip that will give you a taste (literally) of New England. Head up to Essex, MA to eat at Woodman's of Essex, a traditional lobster shack in a beautiful setting. On the way (or back) you can stop in the colonial town of Marblehead with it 's cute little shops and breathtaking views of the bay (eat breakfast at the Driftwood), go see the famous Spirit of '76 (for FREE) painting hanging in Abbot Hall (church on top of the hill. Then drive along the coast a short drive to Salem, MA where there is plenty to see (think famous witch museums and Peabody museum). Then follow 127 through many beautiful towns to Essex to eat at Woodman's where you will eat the best lobster, fried clams, and all that is seafood. Excellent prices and a casual atmosphere that reflects the traditional seafood shack. There can be lines during the summer but they move quickly. You won't find a better array of seafood in Boston and the drive and many destinations are amazing! report a problem

You are posting a reply to North shore day trip from Boston

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions