Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

San Francisco for Foodies

By Guest

Posted on: September 08, 2009 at 4:41PM

A fun and budget friendly way for foodies to enjoy SF Go in front of Ferry building on Saturday morning to enjoy the farmer's market. Not only is this a fun and non touristy way to experience the SF waterfront area but it is educational. You can learn about how food is grown, who grew it, why it tastes so good and there are often cooking demonstrations and interviews with farmers in the open-air Arcades along the front of the building. Then go inside the Ferry building to visit the various artisan food vendors - chocolate, cheesse, just to name a few. A friend in LA comes here to buy a speciality brand of Olive Oil. Then enjoy an elegant Vietnamese meal at the Slanted Door which gives you a wonderful view of the waterfront. If you are still feeling energetic then go to the dock and take a ferry ride over to Sausilito for shopping, strolling and more eating. report a problem

Posted on: October 16, 2012 at 2:58AM

check this out: http://www.indiegogo.com/bluecar

You are posting a reply to San Francisco for Foodies

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions