Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By gvaldeg2

Posted on: September 08, 2009 at 3:16AM

San Francisco is a wonderful place to visit with site seeing and activities scattered all over the city. When making our plans to visit, we purchased City Passes on line. We flew in and took BART to our hotel on the Embarcadero. Upon arrival we picked up our City Passes which included 7 days of unlimited travel on the cable cars, city buses, street cars and trollies. It also included passes to the California Academy of Sciences (Aquarium and Planetarium), De Young Museum (the King Tut exhibit is currently at the Musuem for a nominal extra charge), the Museum of Modern Art, Aquarium of the Bay, and a choice of a bay cruise or a boat trip and tour of Alcatraz Island. All for a fee of $59 per person. With this pass it turned out that almost all of our activities were prepaid. The visit to Alcatraz (run by the National Park Service) is really fascinating. Also you can opt for the Exploritorium in lieu of the De Young Museum. One evening we ate at a small cafe "Hotel i" in Japantown which was fantastic and so inexpensive. It cost about 1/3 of all of our other dinners and was one of the best meals we had while there. It is a short walk from Golden Gate Park. I can hardly wait to go back to San Francisco! report a problem

Posted on: October 16, 2012 at 3:03AM

SF is definitely a great place to visit. Here's a really cool thing i discovered! check it out: http://www.indiegogo.com/bluecar

You are posting a reply to City Pass

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions